WASH (Water, Sanitation, and Health) Program
The objectives of the program are;
- To promote adequate and sound water, wastewater and solid waste management;
- To improve access to clean, safe and reliable water supply and sanitation; and menstrual hygiene promotion in schools and the general community.
- To enable an improvement of living conditions thus reducing poverty.
WASH Program models
Our WASH program shall be applied as follows;
- Self-Supply: Villages or households taking the initiative to pay their own resources for developing the water supply services/facilities.
- Community WASH services: WASH services developed by Communities in collaboration with NGOs, Governments, Private Sector and donors. These water schemes serve ranging from few households to large communities with several water taps and water Kiosks.
- WASH in schools: First Aid International Foundation partner with schools to promote portable water services and use, improved/VIP latrine use and Hygiene Education-hand washing at critical times. The main focus is to provide services and protection for school children and equip them with right Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Urban WASH: First Aid International Foundation partner with municipal councils or urban local authorities in partnership with the private sector and donor. First Aid International Foundation’s involvement in urban WASH of medium to large scale is fairly new and requires special competencies and skills such as WASH Advocacy, Tariff setting, Revenue collection and engagement with dynamic urban private sector
- WASH in emergencies: WASH services in Refugee/IDP camps and disaster hit population.